Available Car Insurance Discounts May Lower Your Premiums
At The Jemez Insurance Agency, we leverage more than 50 years of experience and a detailed knowledge of car insurance policies to help you obtain the appropriate coverage at the most reasonable rates available. As an independent insurance agency, we are able to gather quotes from multiple insurance providers, in turn allowing you to compare your protection options side by side so you can choose the one that’s right for you.
In addition to helping you compare coverage from some of the country’s largest insurance companies, we will also help you explore all available car insurance deals:
- Multi-policy discounts: In many cases, if you have coverage for your automobile and home insurance from the same company, you are eligible for a multi-policy discount. We make every effort to determine if a multi-policy discount is available and can help you switch insurance providers to obtain multi-policy savings.
- Good driver discounts: Insurance providers often offer discounts to good
drivers, or individuals without accidents or tickets on their records, due to their
lessened risk behind the wheel. We help you understand how your driving record
can impact your premiums and your eligibility for a good driver discount
- Preferred driver discounts: The term preferred driver is open to much interpretation from insurance company to insurance company. However, many providers offer discounts to individuals who have experience on the road, have a clean driving record and have solid credit scores. We help you understand how each company will view your situation and whether you are eligible for this type of discount.
- Multi-car discount: You can usually grab this discount if you insure more than one car with the same insurance company. Typical discounts advertised are up to 8% to 15%.
- Vehicle safety discounts: If your car has safety equipment like anti-lock brakes, air bags and daytime running lights, you may get a discount. Daytime running lights are typically very small discounts, but air bag discounts for full-front seat air bags can be as much as 40% applied to your medical payments or personal injury protection coverage.
- New car discount: Cars that are less than three years old can often qualify for a
new car discount, often between 10% to 15%.
- Anti-theft device discounts: If your car has anti-theft features, you can typically get a discount up to 5% to 25% off your comprehensive coverage. Depending on the insurance company, you may be able to get anti-theft discounts for both factory installed and after-market installed devices.
- Good student discount: If you or your student driver is enrolled full-time at a high school or college and meets certain requirements, you could qualify for a discount. Car insurance companies typically require the student to maintain at least a B average and be age 16 to 25. We found good student discounts ranging between 5% to 10%.
- Pay in full discount: If you pay your full policy term up front, car insurance companies typically offer a discount. Top companies show a discount range of 6% to 14% if you pay in full instead of breaking your insurance bill into monthly payments. Besides this discount, you will also save yourself from paying a monthly finance or service fee that some companies charge if you spread out the payments.
- Discounts can be capped: You might qualify for multiple discounts, but the insurance company usually limits the total possible discount percentage. For example, you might add up discounts that look like 75% off your auto insurance (hello new espresso machine!), but the total might be capped at 20%.
Not every discount you receive may be listed on your policy. For example, within the vehicle identification number for your car, it indicates the type of airbag system your car has and what type of factory installed theft prevention you have. The two discounts typically are not listed on your policy by most insurance companies.
Contact Us For More Information On Car Insurance Discounts
From offices in Santa Fe and Los Alamos, we offer personal support to clients throughout New Mexico, including those in Taos, Espanola and Albuquerque. We will help you review available car insurance discounts in an effort to determine your
eligibility for savings.
Request a quote or contact our New Mexico insurance agency to discuss your specific car insurance needs today. Please call our toll free number at 888.280.4317 or 505.662.5181 to reach our Los Alamos office or 505.424.8049 for our Santa Fe office.